We want to hear from you!

fighting blindness

Hi, my name is Veronica Portillo. I was actually wondering if you guys could help me with something. I'm trying to raise money for a foundation that is trying to find a cure for blindness. You see, my brother suffers from a disease called Retinitis Pigmentosa, it is a genetic disease that overtime will diminish his eye sight completely (I have 2 uncles and a cousin with it as well) and my family seems to have the rarest form of the disease. I used to do projects to help raise money for the foundation in high school but I really wanted to do something big. I was wondering, if possible, that we could make a soap and then whatever profits come from it a certain percentage would go to the charity and the rest to you. Here is the link to the foundation that I am trying to raise money for in case you wanted a little bit more information (http://www.blindness.org). I love your company and have purchased things from you guys before and honestly have nothing but great things to say about your products. I'd love to get your help if you're willing. I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much for your time and keep up the great work!

305 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Veronica Portillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sophie commented  · 

That is an amazing idea I used up all of my votes for this tell your brother to never give up on his dreams and raise enough money I will so buy this

• Veronica Portillo commented  · 

Grace- I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. We're trying really hard to find something to cure this horrible disease. I hope everything works out for your brother and your family :)

• Veronica Portillo commented  · 

Grace- I'm so sorry to hear that :( my family and I are very involved with the organization so I'm hoping we can do even a little something to help. I hope everything goes well for your brother.

• Grace commented  · 

My brother had the same thing OMG!:( Its really sad, his eyesight is going away quickly....;'(

• cristal19 commented  · 

thats a really nice thing that you are doing. good luck!

• Laura commented  · 

This is a wonderful idea! I'm on board :)

• Edyie Bird commented  · 

I'm in. Nik and Adam have the gene as well which could affect their kids. This is a wonderful idea. Let me know how we can help. Love you

• jj commented  · 

this is an awsome idea! keep up the good work girlie!

• Andrew commented  · 

This is amazing Veronica. I will support you 100%

• Anonymous commented  · 

Great idea. Love it! Let's kick blindness' ass!

• Jacob Kimbarow commented  · 

this sounds like a cool and a rocking idea , lets beat blindness !

• Anonymous commented  · 

Wonderful Wonderful idea. I'm in! Just tell me what I need to do!

• Anonymous commented  · 

This sounds like a great idea for a great cause!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I love this & will support it 100%!

Feedback and Knowledge Base